BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The end of the year

Well, this past year had it’s ups and downs just like every year, but I feel that this year had way more ups than anything. I have some what became comfortable where I am at in life, or at least accepted the career situation I am in. I feel as a parent, I am starting to figure some things out, such as when to pick a battle and when not too. As a husband/friend I am always trying to be better each day. As a person, I am still holding on to what makes me….me.

This past Christmas was to me the first Christmas where Kristen and I really became in tune to what we felt was important, and that was to make the Christmas the best Christmas we could for Sloan. The best two Christmas presents I think I could have had was to see Kristen graduate after all her hard work and the things she had to miss due to school. The other was just seeing Sloan really understand what Christmas is about and as a parent knowing you gave her a great Christmas.

As far as a New Years Resolution, I have three that I am going to keep up with. I feel we make a list for New Years and we stumble on one thing and throw the whole list away. I am going to keep mine some what simple, but challenging as well. My first one is, I really need to get rid of my gut I have obtained over the years. It was my fault once I quit smoking that I didn’t hit the gym and keep from gaining weight. So I am going to try very hard to lose some weight. The second is, as much as I love music, I really don’t know how to play an instrument. So I am going to find a way to take some lessons and learn how to play the guitar. The other one is to be the best husband and father I can, or at least improve on what I am doing now. I figured the best way of keeping to them is to put it out there on my blog. Of course I also want to at least see one live band a month, depending on schedules, etc. Those are my three top goals of 2010.

I hope everyone that reads this, had a great Christmas and a great 2009, if not, let’s make 2010 a great year. Do what you can to make sure you have a great New Year.


The Final Top 19
Ok, so I missed last week and well I have to cram the last 19 albums on here. I won’t write much here, but please check out some of these albums, they were great albums and you might miss out on something you might like if you don’t. So enjoy.

19. Dirty Projectors-Bitte Orca
18. The Airborne Toxic Event
17. Bon Iver-Blood Bank EP
16. School of Seven Bells-Alpinisms
15. Green Day-21st Century Breakdown
14. Blakroc
13. Arctic Monkeys-Humbug
12. Ben Harper and Relentless 7- White Lies for Dark Times
11. Monsters of Folk
10. Raekwon- Only Built 4 Cuban Linx pt. 2
9. The Dead Weather-Horehound
8. Metric-Fantasies
7. Yeah Yeah Yeahs-It’s Blitz
6. Dan Auerbach-Keep it Hid
5. Bob Dylan-Together Through Time
4. Silversun Pickups- Swoon
3. Pearl Jam-Backspacer
2. Passion Pit-Manners
And #1……………Phoenix-Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
I have some new music, and will see you faithful readers in 2010.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter