BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mother Nature is a cold Son Of A B…………

Well, I know it's been a few weeks since I last wrote a blog. In one week my xbox crashed, then my computer crashed, let's just say I haven't had the best luck with electronics. Now Mother Nature decided to join the party as of today with the weather.

Well so far my new year's resolution has started off well with me going to a concert a month started off like a champ. My first show was Girl Talk in Austin, and Greg Gillis did not disappoint. However the opening Band Penguin Prison did. They were a bad, very bad 80s band with a lead singer that was off pitch. Hopefully it was a band night for them, I do hate to talk bad about bands (well most bands), but this one was bad. At least sitting through them was worth waiting for Girl Talk to hit the stage. If you get a chance make sure to watch him live, there is no other experience like it, very high energy and very fun.

Well as I am sitting home on the rare snow day as an adult, I am enjoying my day with Sloan, but I am also a little upset. Seeing that Mother Nature had decided to rain or should I say Ice and Snow on my parade. I should be on my way to Dallas to see Tokyo Police Club, but it is snow and ice in Dallas, and however much I love music, I do love being alive to listen to it. So now I am on the lookout for a new concert to go to this month. I do have on my radar TPC for tomorrow in Austin, the Flaming Lips Thursday in Dallas, or Robert Randolph and Family Friday in Austin. So three solid choices.

Well, I got the smack down put on me this weekend by Kristen and was told to make my guitar lessons solid or she will do it for me. So a little embarrassment along with a good talking to by my wife, and I guess I better get those lessons planned this week.

I have listened to a lot of great music so far this year. Here is what I have been listening to the past two weeks. Hopefully I can post another blog up this week after I go to a show, keep your fingers crossed.

Cold War Kids- Mine Is Yours

I am a big fan of the Cold War Kids, so I was excited to her their new album. I have to say this album did not disappoint me. I am very excited to see them in Austin in April. It took me a few listens to really appreciate the Cold War Kids at first, but I love Nathan Willet's vocals, he has a great unique voice. Check out the song Louder Than Ever.

Corey Chisel and the Wandering Sons-Death won't send a letter

I got to see Cory Chisel open up for Blind Pilot last fall in Austin. He is a great up and coming musician. I finally broke and bought his album a few months ago and it is a great album. I am starting to go down the indie folk road, but right now I feel that is some of the best music coming out. Check out the first song on the album Born Again.

The Decemberists- The King is Dead

This is the sixth studio album from the band from Portland. I have to say by far this is one of my favorite albums of 2011. It is great from beginning to end, if you haven't picked this up yet, do so now. Check out the song Down by the water.

Iron and Wine-Kiss each other clean

Sam Beam basically makes up Iron and Wine, and this is probably one of my most favorite bands (singers) to date. His newest album ventures away from his usual acoustic albums and adds an electric element to it. This is another great album of 2011, if it stays this way there is going to be a great year in music. Check out the song walking far from home.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter