BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Top 50 albums of 2011

Well, I feel I start off my blogs like this everytime I FINALLY get around and write one, but sorry it's been months since I have wrote a blog. A lot has been going on with my wife getting a promotion, my daughter starting 3rd grade, and well my always busy job.

I have seen a ton of great shows over the past year, and recently saw Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. and the Watch The Throne tour as well. On Top of that I did take my daughter to her first concert and we went to see Death Cab for Cutie, and they were great. Plus finally taking Kristen to Austin City Limits Festival for the first time which was awesome. I do have to say, once again this year has flown by.

With that said here is my list of my top 50 albums of 2011. I do have about 20 albums that I have to mention, that will make up my honorable mention list. So to start off my list of 2011 albums that I have enjoyed, here is my honorable mention list.

Honorable Mention top albums for 2011:
1. Yuck- Yuck, 2. Kendrick Lamar-Section.80, 3. Holy Ghost-Holy Ghost, 3. TuNe-YaRdS- Who kill, 4. Smith Westerns-Dye it Blonde, 5. Kate Bush-50 Words for Snow, 6. STS-The Illustrious, 7. EMA-Past Life Martyred Saints, 8. Iceage-New Brigade, 9. Washed Out-Within and Without, 10. The Vaccines-What did you expect from the Vaccines, 11. Kasabian-Velociraptor!, 12. Toro Y Moi-Underneath the Pine, 13. St. Vincent-Strange Mercy, 14. Noah and the Whale-Last Night on Earth, 15. Childish Gambino-Camp, 16. Tyler the Creator-Goblin, 17. Bombay Bicycle Club-A Different Kind of Fix, 18. Battles-Glass Drop, 19. Girls-Father, Son, Holy Ghost, 20. Wiz Khalifa-Rolling Papers, 21. Manchester orchestra-Simple Math, and 22. The Head and the Heart-Self Titled

Now it’s time for my top 50 albums for 2011. As you can tell by my 22 honorable mention albums, it was hard for me to come up with 50 albums that made my list. Of course when buying these albums, splurge….buy a record player and buy vinyl!

50. Foster the People-Torches
49. Frank Turner-England Keep My Bones
48. The War on Drugs-Slave Ambient
47. Drake-Take Care
46. Real Estate-Days
45. Mister Heavenly-Out of Love
44. Cut Copy-Zonoscope
43. Ryan Adams- Ashes and Fire
42. Lykke Li- Wounded Rhymes
41. The Low Anthem- Smart Flesh
40. The Antlers- Burst Apart
39. The Cool Kids- When Fish Ride Bicycles
38. Cults- Cults
37. The Civil Wars- Barton Hollow
36. Danger Mouse-Rome
35. The Roots- undone
34. Explosions in the sky-Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
33. M83- Hurry up, we’re dreaming
32. Destroyer- Kaputt
31. Red Hot Chili Peppers-I’m With You
30. Gary Clark Jr. – The Bright Lights EP
29. Portugal. The Man- In the mountain, in the cloud
28. Panda Bear- Tomboy
27. Frank Ocean- Nostalgia, Ultra
26. Elbow- Build a Rocket Boys!
25. The Kills- Blood Pressures
24. The Joy Formidable- The Big Roar
23. TV on the Radio- Nine types of light
22. Radiohead- The King of limbs
21. Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks- Mirror Traffic
20. Florence + the Machine- Ceremonials
19. Kurt Vile- Smoke Rings for my Halo
18. Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues
17. Das Racists- Relax
16. Big K.R.I.T. - Return of 4eva
15. Death Cab for Cutie- Codes and Keys
14. Adele-21
13. Wilco- The Whole Love
12. The Decembrists- The King is Dead
11. Iron and Wine- Kiss Each Other Clean
10. Beirut- The Rip Tide
9. The Black Keys- El Camino
8. Kanye West and Jay-Z- Watch The Throne
7. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - It’s a corporate World
6. Foo Fighters- Wasting Light
5. Arctic Monkeys- Suck it and See
4. The Beastie Boys- Hot Sauce Committee part 2
3. The Strokes- Angles
2. My Morning Jacket- Circuital
1. Bon Iver- Bon Iver

0 comments:

 
Site Meter