BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If I won the lottery......

Every once in a while (or quite often) my mind wanders driving home from work or taking Sloan to and from school, and different ideas or “what if’s” pop into my head. Every time I drive by a Texas lottery sign I tell myself it has to get to a certain million (like that would make much of a difference), and I would buy a ticket.

The other thing that pops into my head is what would I do if I actually got extremely lucky (trust me, the way my sports luck is going this year, it won’t happen) and won. What would I do? Would I quit my job? Would I move? What would I do with that much money? Of course you would do the logical stuff and put some in your 401K, put some back for college, invest some, etc. But if you hit the big one, you would have plenty of money left over to live very well after all the investments were made. I know, I know, get to what you would do. Well the following (except for Kristen) is a shocker to most.

I have always joked with Kristen about opening a bar, or a record store/concert venue (these are my awesome ideas that I won’t give all the details about due to someone stealing them!), or other ventures that would take up a lot of money to do, and if I hit the big one I would become stingy with my nest egg. So I still haven’t got to what I would do, so here we go. I would actually not do much; I would probably keep my job. The one thing I would do is learn how to restore furniture and make furniture. I restored an old desk one time in between moving and jobs, and it was a lot of fun. Not to mention I have made some things for Kristen, and I really liked working with wood (that's what she said). Yes, I know a shocker for most of the folks that read this. I mean don’t get me wrong, we would travel the world; I would have season tickets to the Mets, OU/Baylor, and the Rangers. I would try to get a house in either the mountains or on the beach in California.

The one thing that hasn't changed in my fantasy world is that I would restore furniture. It’s just something about taking a desk, or chest of drawers, and making it go from horrible to something nice. Putting your own touches on it, and seeing the finished product and what it looks like once you are done. You never know I might have something in mind on the side once Kristen is done with school and we get to being a normal (some what) family. I do want to build some book selves and a new entertainment center. So some might think shocking, some might not be surprised, but that’s what I would do if I won the lottery. Of course that and follow Pearl Jam around the world for a minute. Not to mention hit up all the summer music festivals, this is in-between me flying between New York and Arlington to catch the Mets and Rangers games. So with all the traveling I would do, now you understand why I would keep my job. Now I just need to have the lottery get a little bigger and I am going to buy that ticket, hopefully it’s a magical one. What would you do if you won the lottery?

Music for this week:
For some reason, my blogs have been getting less about music, which isn’t a bad thing. I have found a music site that I am thinking about submitting a review of an album; I just need to find the right album I am passionate about, to write 250 words about it. So with less than 250 words here are some albums this week, and my very own top five “get it now” albums.

Hockey-Mind Chaos
Their first single they have released has caught my ear and I love the song. I have been waiting for them to release their new EP on iTunes for a while and the other night, I saw that it was up and I got it. After a few listens, I am pleased with Hockey so far. Their sound is a little Vampire Weekend, mixed with some Strokes. Check out the songs Too Fake and Curse This City.

The Features-Some Kind of Salvation
Well, this band got put on my radar due to the fact that it came out on the Kings Of Leon’s new record label they are starting. The Features have been touring with KOL for a while, and not a shocker, they are also a band from Tennessee. This band is on the up swing, and you should take a listen to them. I listen to this album at least twice a week, and still love it. Check out the songs The Drawing Board and The Temporary Blues.

Mason Jennings-Blood of a Man
Well, I have been hearing a lot of Mason Jennings and his latest album Blood of a Man. I actually came across this album and In The Ever on my external hard drive and forgot that I had these two albums. (Yes it was like Christmas for a music dork such as myself) So I wrote a note to myself to listen to them. I have to say I am slowly becoming a fan. He is signed by Jack Johnson’s label Brushfire Records. He reminds me a lot of a young Bob Dylan/Ric Ocasek (yes that is a huge and odd comparison) he is a really good song writer. I am staring to really like him, and see why all the talk is about. Check out songs Pittsburgh and The Field.

Must “get it now” albums:

Passion Pit- Manners
(this album should be #1 on every list, if I want to be in a good mood I listen to
Manners and it gets me where I need to be.)

White Lies-To Lose My Life
(Love this album, after seeing them live, love it even more.)

Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs-It’s Blitz!
(Just another great album from YYY)

Ra Ra Riot- Rhumb Line
(A really great album, love the song Can You Tell)

Portugal. The Man- The Satanic Satanist
(Don’t let the name of the album scare you, this is a great album to listen to on a sunny day)

0 comments:

 
Site Meter