BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why Rolling Stone, why?

I am always eager to get my Rolling Stone in the mail and here in not long my Spin as well. I try not to sneak a peak at what the covers are going to be so not to spoil a surprise or to anger me before it comes in. Well I have to say Rolling Stone has fallen very very very short with this issue. I have to say this cover and who they have as the #1 reason to be excited about music almost made me cancel my subscription.

As most of my friends know I am very opinionated about music, and I threw up in my mouth a little when they had the Jonas Brothers on the cover. Most of the time I blow off the covers when I know that the band or singer is a fad at the time (Lady Gaga), it’s hard for me to forgive them, but I do. To get to my point they have for some drug induced reason have deemed the Black Eyed Peas the #1 reason to be excited for music. The #1 reason, they aren’t even in my 1 millionth reason to be excited for music. This group has not only ruined music, they have made a deal with the devil as well. If you like pop music, the BEP are gods. I have to say for music as a whole, BEP does not hold a candle or match to some of the bands and performers out right now.

This is a dark sad day for music and the Rolling Stone. Don’t get me wrong I am sure they put on a great show, but to be thrusted up to #1, I don’t feel they are worthy. I am sorry Rolling Stone, but I am afraid you are wrong with this.

Now, on to more important things, and the fact that I got my 3-Day pass to the Austin City Limits Festival this fall. I decided to throw caution into the wind and bought the pass without knowing what bands are going to be there. I do know of two bands that are and that are Blues Traveler and The Flaming Lips. I have seen BT and they should be great, I am really excited to see Oklahoma’s own Flaming Lips perform. I am praying to the music gods and my boy Dees that we some how get backstage passes when they play. So I have my first excitement of the summer and I still have to wait 6 months until the festival.

I do have another show to be excited for and that is Passion Pit in Austin when I get back from California. Plus what’s even better is Kristen is actually going to go with me to see them. So that will make going to the show even better. Of course she will have to break her bedtime rule of 9 P.M. and stay up a little later. So far my summer is starting to shape up pretty well. Now I just need to get through about 10 baseball games and my summer officially starts.

This week’s Music:
It has been a few weeks since I last wrote my blog and I have, as always, got a lot of music since then. So here is a list of albums (new and old) that I am listening to right now.

NonStopErotik- Black Francis
Man Up- The Blue Van
Behave Yourself EP- Cold War Kids
Beyond- Dinosaur Jr.
Shame, Shame- Dr. Dog
Congratulations- MGMT

0 comments:

 
Site Meter