BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It’s hard being old school

So for the first time in a long time we got to spend a weekend as a family. We decided to go up to Dallas and see Oklahoma City play basketball against the Mavs, take Sloan ice skating at the Galleria and stop by and see my best friend Boyd and eat at his restaurant.

I had a mission while at the mall, I wanted to find a new Mets shirt and I wanted to get a new pair of Adidas shell toes. I haven’t had a pair in a long time, and they are probably one of my most favorite types of old school shoes. That was what I was looking for at the mall that day. I really just wanted to find my favorite shoes while shopping.

So after eating and watching Sloan trying not to fall down on ice skates while almost pulling down Kristen, we decided to go and hit the mall. At one time Kristen and I went our separate ways and I went on my mission. I soon struck out and didn’t find what I was looking for. No Mets shirts anywhere, and I found some adidas, but not in my size. I decided that I would probably find them back in Waco and didn’t pay it any attention.

We went on to eat at Las Colinas, Jason’s restaurant he manages at and got our fill of some amazing Mexican food. For those of you in Dallas, go eat there, great food and mixed drinks. We hung out there for a little while, and Sloan got to meet Boyd and get important information about Elvis his dog. We changed into our clothes for the game and went to see OKC play the Mavericks and had a great time.

So, on Monday I had the day off and decided I would go to the mall to see if I could get my shoes. After walking to every shoe store in the mall, I was shocked to find out that they not only didn’t have my old school kicks anywhere, but they didn’t have any Adidas at all. I have stated before that I love sneakers, and more importantly I love old school sneakers. They just have more appeal and character than the newer styles. I know Nike is a huge seller, but no Adidas at all?

As I was driving home, I had to resign to the face that not only is it hard for me to find decent old school kicks, but I am now going to have to start shopping on-line to get them. I am done for a while with some of my canvas shoes, I have two pair of vans and a pair of chucks. If anything I will move on to get another pair of Simple Shoes at some point. I guess that I will have to walk into Champs one day with a boom box and play “My Adidas” at full blast for them to get the point. Us old school folk like our adidas and want them now, not in 7-10 days after ordering them. Bottom line is, its hard being old school, but don’t worry RUN D.M.C I will get my adidas.

Music for the week:
Here is the music for the week, I am starting to feel very optimistic about the new stuff being released. I am loving everything so far.

The Bird and the Bee- Interpreting the Masters Vol. 1- A tribute to Hall and Oates
Yes, you read that title correctly, and for those of you that know me, know I hate 80’s music. I have to say this duo from LA do a great job of playing these cover songs in their own style. I have to admit it, sometimes you forget how good some of Hall and Oats songs were, atleast in the Bird and the Bee arrangements.

Frightened Rabbit- The Winter of Mixed Drinks
Ok, for those of you that have been around me or have asked me lately what my favorite band I am listening to right now, the answer will probably be Frightened Rabbit. I love the two albums that I have and this one is probably one of the best albums that has been released in the past few months. I am begging those of you that read my music recommendations to go out and get this album, or atleast get The Midnight Organ Fight, you won’t be disappointed.

Neon Trees- Habits
I decided to pick up this albums because I liked their first single off this album called “Animal”. I was a little surprised that they started out in Provo, UT and eventually moved to Southern Cal. They got their break when they opened up for the Killers on tour. If you like The Killers, and Mute Math you will like Neon Trees. It’s a good album, not as good as I had hoped, but it’s a good pick me up.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter