BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 29, 2010

My favorite things

Not too long ago Kristen wrote about her favorite things on her blog. So it made me think of things that are either my favorite things that I like. I now have some time this week to catch up on some blogs and this is my first one of this week. Don’t get too excited I am only going to be doing two since I didn’t get time to do mine from last week. I figured that you guys (well the few readers I have) know that music is one of my all time favorite things, and I have done some lists with some of my favorite albums I like to listen too. So I thought it would be interesting to see what else I like on top of music.

So here are a few of my favorite things:

1) The Franchise Cap: I have to say I have another obsession other than music and that is my extensive hat collection I have amassed over the years. One goal that makes Kristen cringe every time is that I want to own all the MLB teams’ hats (excluding the Phillies, Braves, and Yankees). This hat is probably one of the most comfortable hats I have ever got, and I have now own six including my most favorite team the Mets.

2) Shoes: well, this is another touchy category with my beautiful wife, along with my hats; I am a huge “sneakerhead”. I have shown great restraint with not purchasing a lot of shoes. Kristen will also agree with me, but when I do come across a pair of shoes I love, I do get them. I have a few pair of shoes that I keep in rotation; during the summer I wear Sanuks. Vans, Chucks, and my adidas, stay in that rotation during the year. I love old school sneakers, but my favorite shoes now (that I have had to send in to get new ones) are my Simple Shoes. If you want something that is good on the environment and very comfortable purchase some Simple shoes, you won’t regret it.

3) Rolling Stone Magazine: I look forward to getting my magazine when it comes in every couple of weeks. There are some people that feel the Rolling Stone isn’t much of a music magazine, but to me this is a staple of American music and pop culture. Have them got a more political slant here lately, yes, but over all, I enjoy reading the articles and keeping up with everything in Rolling Stone. It’s almost like a calling card letting people know that I am one of the few liberals in Texas.

4) Ipod: This is one of the best presents that I have ever got, next to my Darryl Strawberry baseball glove when I was 11. You always hear people say they don’t know what they did before they got an Ipod. I have to agree, I don’t leave the house most of the time with out my Ipod. At this point I have 5950 songs on it, and basically has 17 days worth of music on it.
5) XM Radio: Another great gift I got for Christmas. Not only do I have every MLB game on it during baseball season, but it has some of the best music channels on it. After a week of listening to XM, I can’t believe I listened to regular radio for so long. If you don’t have XM, you should get it, it is worth it.

Well this is I guess my top five things that are my favorites. Also my first of two blogs for this week. I guess I am getting writers block or something, I can’t think of too many things to write about right now. Although the Mets first game is in 7 days, and I am also patiently waiting my e-mail from Austin City Limits so I can set up my account and get Festival tickets for this year.

This (Past) week’s music:
Well something new with Blogger, they have set up where you can actually use Amazon to link to products from your blog. You actually get store credit if someone buys something you recommend. I might have to try and figure this out to help the few of you that take my music recommendations to buy the music through my blog.

Corinne Bailey Rae- The Sea
One of my favorite things tipped me off to this soul singer from England. Her debut album was critically acclaimed. This is her second album, it has been two years since her first album, due to her husband passing away unexpectedly. She has an amazing voice, and this is something great to put on while at work or hanging out at home. Check out the songs I’d Do It All Again, Closer, and Paris Nights/New York Mornings.

The Whigs- In the Dark
I have heard The Whigs on XM a lot over the past few weeks, and they have a great single out called Kill Me Carolyne. The Whigs come to us from Athens, Georgia, and their first single from their third album is awesome. I have their second album Mission Control, and I can’t figure out why they aren’t as big as they should be. The Whigs are a great American rock band that should be played more. Check out the songs Kill Me Carolyne, Like a Vibration, and I Got Ideas.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- Beat the Devils Tattoo
This is the sixth album from BRMC out of San Francisco. I have their fifth album Baby 81 and I love that album. So of course I am going to give them a chance with their new album. BRMC has a hint of garage rock, blues, and often have religiously inspired lyrics. This album still has to grow on me a little, much like the new Rogue Wave album. I do like the garage rock side to this album. Check out the songs Conscience killer and Shadow’s keeper.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter