BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My little girl is getting older

Once you get older you dread another birthday each year, but when you are young, birthdays are the greatest thing in the world. Of course for Sloan she started planning her birthday sometime around March 18th of last year. It seems that for a year she would change what we were going to do for her birthday. Well, tomorrow is my little partner in crimes’ birthday. Sloan is turning the ripe old age of 7 and as of this morning is about to bust before her birthday gets here.

It does not seem that she should be this old. It seems like yesterday that I was regulated to another bed while Kristen and Sloan sleep together during the night for feeding when we brought her home. It seemed like yesterday when Phife would sleep under her crib at night or when her and Phife had a love/hate relationship because she would crawl following him and sometimes try to eat his food. Now Phife would probably tear someone apart if they tried to do something to her.

I can remember her pushing kids away from Ribbee the mascot in Tennessee because she felt he was her mascot not theirs. Of course this is how she has felt a long time about the mascot at every team I have worked for. It was once she got into Kindergarten when she broke down and told me she knew that there was a real person in the mascot suit. At that point I knew she was starting to grow up a little.

I can also remember the first time we took her to the beach in California, and of course her falling in love with it. To this day she still tells us how much she wished we lived in California still just for the beach. I can also remember her getting spoiled by almost everyone in the tiny little ballpark there in Visalia. I don’t think that kid did without ice cream for about two years at the ballpark.

Tomorrow she is going to be turning 7, and it feels like yesterday when I was holding her just after she was born. Now she is getting taller and using bigger words to explain herself, and just loves life. I know you always wish they could stay a certain age forever, but I am having a lot of fun watching her grow up in front of my eyes. I wouldn’t change any of the ups and downs that Kristen and I have had along the way for anything in the world. You never in your life thought you could love two people as much as you do, but it is possible, because I know for a fact it is. So Sloan, I can’t wait to sing you happy birthday tomorrow morning to wake you up.

Music for the Week:
Well the past few weeks have been great for me by the way of music. A lot of great music is coming out this spring and summer. Here are the albums that I have got the past few weeks.

Manchester Orchestra-Live From Soho
iTunes has a series (I guess you can call it that) where they release an 8 song EP of live music from various artists. Last week Manchester Orchestra was the band they had for Live from Soho. I have to say they are probably one of the top 5 bands from last year. If you haven’t went out and purchased Mean Everything To Nothing, you should. It’s a great little EP of live music.

Phoenix-Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix Remix Collection
I have wanted to listen to this album for a while, just to see what it was about. It is a remix album of their songs. Passion Pit, Animal Collective, Friendly Fires, Yacht, and many other bands went and remixed their album putting their touches on the songs. There are some great remixes on here. It’s something different to listen too.

The White Stripes- Under Great Northern Lights
This is the first live album that the White Stripes have put out. It’s a good live album and it has all of their great classic songs on the albums. After listening to this, it makes me what the White Stripes to put out another album. Oh how I miss the days of the Whites performing together on stage, hopefully they get back together, at least Jack White has put that rumor out there.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter