BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 10, 2010

Another year coming to a close

Well, another year coming to a close, and it’s been a great up and down roller coaster as usual. I have to be thankful that Kristen and I both have good jobs, and we have a healthy daughter. I got to go to some amazing shows over the year. ACL was amazing for the fact I got to meet the Flaming Lips and be on stage for a major festival show, but the one show that keeps standing out to me is The Hold Steady in Dallas. Sometimes you find yourself down and to me music is probably the most uplifting thing you can listen to, to get you up a little. It was the first time I ever went to a show by myself, and I couldn’t have picked a better band to see. The best thing about Craig Finn’s lyrics is he doesn’t sugar coat anything, he lets you know that you aren’t the only one that is having a hard time. It was the best medicine for that time for me. If you want to check out the Hold Steady, I recommend the album Boys and Girls in America.

Well, I do have two shows on deck for the New Year, Kristen and I are going to see Girl Talk in Austin in January, and yours truly won two tickets for Tokyo Police Club in Dallas in February. I am pumped about both; hopefully Kristen can get that day off too, so she can go with me. So I have a few things on deck for next year. I am hoping that the ups and downs of this year will just give all of us a better new year. We do get to have a small Christmas vacation and go to Houston for Baylor’s bowl game, one thing that we have been planning since we became bowl eligible, so Kristen and I have been looking forward to this, not only for a few months, but the five years I have worked for Baylor. Well I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a very happy and lucky new year.

Well I guess it’s time to do my top 30 albums of 2010. The Rolling Stone and Spin both released theirs this week, so to keep up with them I might as well do it too. Check out these albums, I don’t think you will be disappointed . So with that said here we go:

30. The Roots- How I got Over
29. Yeasayer-Odd Blood
28. Spoon- Transference
27. M.I.A.- Maya
26. Beach House-Teen Dream
25. Neil Young-Le Noise
24. Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
23. The Walkmen- Lisbon
22. Robert Plant- Band of Joy
21. Against Me!- White Crosses
20. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists- The Brutalist Bricks
19. Sleigh Bells- Treats
18. WAVVES- King of the Beach
17. Gorillaz- Plastic Beach
16. Cee Lo Green- The Lady Killer
15. Best Coast- Crazy For You
14. Kid Cudi- Man on the moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager
13. Tokyo Police Club- Champion
12. The Gaslight Anthem- American Slang
11. Drake- Thank Me Later
10. Kings of Leon- Come Around Sundown
9. Eminem- Recovery
8. The National- High Violet
7. The Dead Weather- Sea of Cowards
6. LCD Soundsystem- This is Happening
5. Vampire Weekend- Contra
4. The Hold Steady- Heaven is Whenever
3. Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Arcade Fire- The Suburbs
1. The Black Keys- Brothers

0 comments:

 
Site Meter