BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another New Year, and more resolutions, music, and a new start

Well, I haven’t finished strong with my blog this past year, I started out great, and fell behind at the end. With a new year also begins a new blog and incentives for me to be better at this whole thing. I am thinking of expanding a little and have tabs for concerts and albums. I guess just streamline this thing a little.

Well, as with most of the world I have made some New Year’s Resolutions. I try to keep them simple, and most of the time I forget them or they fall to the side like everyone’s usually do. This year I have decided to make three goals and stick to them. So here are my three resolutions:

1. Learn to play the guitar. (Kristen got me a guitar for my birthday and my goal is to be able
to do something other than playing a cord or two by the end of the year.)

2. Play golf/ hit golf balls once a week. ( I really like playing golf, and like most golfers I am
not that great at it, but I want to do that more often during the year.)

3. Go to a concert a month for the year. (This is probably my hardest and biggest resolution,
but I have concerts planned for January, February, and April. I need to find something for
March, and once the summer hits, I have my eyes on a few things……..Pearl Jam’s 20th
Anniversary Festival for one)

So, I have to say that I have had my ups and downs during the year, but overall it was a good year. I got to knock a few things of my life list, one being on stage with the Flaming Lips at a major rock show/Festival. I did break a 100 playing golf, and I have a great marriage to a very vibrant, dorky (at times), beautiful wife, now college coed. I also have a very amazing, funny, full of life daughter. I can’t ask for too much more than those two things.

I am sure some are wondering my concert schedule for the upcoming year and some albums I am excited to get. So here are some future ones coming out and my list of shows I am going to see in the next few months, also if you get a chance before it’s gone check out Wick-It the Instigator and his album the Brothers of Chico Dusty, an amazing mash up of the Black Keys Brothers album and Big Boi’s newest album. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a very awesome New Year.

My concert calendar so far:
· Friday, Jan. 14th- Girltalk in Austin, Tx at Austin Music Hall
· Tuesday, Feb. 1st- Tokyo Police Club in Dallas, Tx at the Granada Theater
· March- Still looking for a show
· Friday, April 1st- Cold War Kids in Austin, TX at Stubbs BBQ

2011 anticipated Albums:
· January: Cage the Elephant, The Decembrists, Smith Westerns, Iron & Wine, Cold War
Kids, Cake, Pearl Jam-Live on Ten Legs
· February: Telekinesis, The Low Anthem, The Boxer Rebellion, Bright Eyes,
· March: Lupe Fiasco, R.E.M., Mountain Goats, Peter Bjorn and John,
· Re-release of Pearl Jam Vs. and Vitalogy

My anticipated albums for 2011:
· Beastie Boys – Hot Sauce Committee Part 2
· Blakroc- Blakroc 2
· The Cool Kids- When Fish Ride Bicycls
· Fleet Foxes
· Franz Ferdinand
· Ben Harper and Relentless7- Give Til It’s Gone
· Santigold
· The Strokes
· Death Cab for Cutie
· Dr. Dre- Detox
· Foo Fighters
· Jay-Z & Kanye West- Watch The throne
· Jane’s Addiction
· My Morning Jacket
· Outkast
· The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
· Radiohead
· Wilco
· The Flaming Lips

0 comments:

 
Site Meter