BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crazy Vivid Dreams

The title of this blog should sum everything up. I have been having the most vivid, detailed, oddly specific, and a detailed dream the past few days. It's almost been like I am in a movie and when I wake up early in the morning I try to rush back to sleep to find out what happens. I know it is a strange way to start off my blog (that I still suck at), but I feel I should leave a pad and pen at the side of my nightstand to write this dream down, because there is a heck of a love story of sorts going on in my dreams at night. With that odd way to start off this whole blog thing, I now get back to reality to write a little, if anything crazy happens in my dream I will be sure to let you know.

So after about two weeks of anticipation I finally got my ticket to the Weezer concert in June. This is probably one of my top 10 bands that I love, and on top of that they are going to play my most favorite album the Blue album from first song to last song and then play some greatest hits after. That has the potential to be an amazing concert. So I have that and I really can't wait to see the Decemberists next month, I am really excited about this one as well. Of course both shows are in Austin and both are at the famous Stubb's, and both shows are sold out. I am mostly excited because it is a smaller venue that you get to see two really great bands live.

So I have been a little bummed the past week, I love my job and I love baseball, but sometimes it sucks when such an amazing event like SXSW is the same week as the most busiest month of the year for me. I have counted it up and so far I am on my 15th straight day of work due to 15 games of baseball scheduled for this month. You may think I am crazy, but this is still easier than working in Minor League Baseball. Well I was bummed to find out that I missed shows by The Strokes, Odd Future, Kanye West and Jay-Z, Bon Iver, Yuck, Sharon Van Etten, Big K.R.I.T., Dinosaur Pile-Up, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Fences, The head and the Heart, Queens of the Stone age, The Joy Formidable, Jeff The Brotherhood, and Gayngs. So needless to say there were a lot of bands there I really wanted to see. Hopefully some of those bands might make it back for ACL in September.

I have been listening to a ton of new music, one the albums I couldn't wait to hear came out Tuesday, of course that is The Strokes new album. Plus Sloan has been keeping me busy with her turning 8 this past week, and she is becoming quite the fashion eye when it comes to her clothes. She seems very trendy for her age and definitely has her own style. I think it's great that she is confident enough to dress how she wants. I do have to say she is growing up too fast, but I do have a blast with her when we are together hanging out.

Well I guess it's time to catch up on what I am listening to for the past few weeks. Some are old, and it shows how lazy I am at writing this blog, and some are new.

Maximum Balloon-Self Titled

This is the solo debut of David Andrew Sitek from TV on the Radio. I have been listening to this album for a while now and it was on the Rolling Stone's list of the 30 best albums of 2010. I am a big fan of TV on the Radio so I was interested in listening to his solo project. On top of being in two bands he is also an accomplished producer for other bands. You can tell his roots with TV on the Radio in this album, but it is a very catch album that reminds me of catch electronica or indie-pop. It has an 80's feel to the album. It is a great album that everyone should pick up. Check out the song Groove Me or Absence of Light.

Superchunk-Majesty Shredding

Superchunk has been around since the early 90's and has put out albums all the way to 2001 and then took a bit of a break until releasing Majesty Shredding. I have always liked Superchunk and have listened to them, but only had a few albums back in college (until they got stolen at one of our many house parties). Their newest album was well received by critics and fans alike. This album was also on Rolling Stone's 30 best of 2010. I am really starting to like these bands from the 90's coming back with some new music to let everyone know they are still alive and putting out amazing music. The whole album is great and is something you should pick up. Check out the song Rosemarie.

Teenage Fanclub-Shadows

Here is another band from the 90's that is putting out a new album this past year. I guess I needed to catch up with my last few albums of 2010 before I get into 2011. I would have to say Teenage Fanclub is closer to Dinosaur Jr (one of my favorite bands of all-time). They were lumped into the Alternative Rock genre in the 90's but I would have to say they are all over the place when it comes to their music. I really love this album , and I love their album Bandwagonesque, which is on many lists as one of the top albums to own. Check out the song Sometimes I don't need to believe in anything.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter