BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Decemberists are coming, the Decemberists are coming!

Well it has seemed like months since I have picked up the proverbial pad and pen to write anything about music. Don't worry, that does not mean I haven't been listening to music, I think I might go crazy if I didn't listen to music every day, maybe even going postal to a point. Well the past month has been crazy busy, especially having to work a real job, but the best thing is that the sports season is starting to grind to a halt and that means a summer of fun, music, and relaxing. I have had my interest peaked a little about this blog thing seeing that The Granada Theater is having a little contest for people to write a blog for them. I figured I might as well throw my hat in the ring and see if I get lucky enough to write for them, why not. (selfless promotion is not above me, I love music and would love to write for you guys)

Well, keeping up with my New Years resolution of a concert a month the next show on the horizon is The Decemberists in Austin. I am three days out from seeing them, and with each set list posting from them I am getting more and more excited. I have seen some local shows here and there in Waco, but to see some great professional musicians play live is what life should be about. You can forget your worries and get lost in music. So I am getting very excited for this show, The Decemberists are an amazing band, so I can imagine that this show should be really great. Of course I will let you know how the show is next week.

The next exciting news is Austin City Limits Festival finally sent out the first round of emails for festival tickets. After looking at their other festival Lollapalooza, I have a feeling that ACL will be just as good with their line-up. I am still searching the internet to see if anyone has any leaks for more bands for the line-up. I am very pumped for this, I get to hang out with some friends and by beautiful wife is going to go with me this year. So it should be a blast. Of course the speculation still is Radiohead at ACL, but now I am hearing a possible Soundgarden sighting as well. I am hoping for a Foo Fighters show, that new album is amazing, buy it now if you haven't yet. Now a few folks from Austin are calling Mumford and Sons, Kanye, Buffalo Springfield, Paul Simon, Wilco, and MMJ. I love the thought of Buffalo Springfield or Paul Simon, but two heavy hitters like that I doubt it would happen in one weekend. So let all the speculation begin, tickets go on sale next week, and I hope to have two three day passes in my little hands by the end of the day.

The past months music listens:

Ok, so it's been a while, and now it's time for all the little music nuggets that I have been listening to. Some are new, and some are albums that I have started listening to again. So here is a little list of everything I have listened to over the past month.

  1. Foo Fighters- Wasting Light. Some people love the Foo Fighters, some people hate them. I say give into the love, this album is amazing from start to finish. It is the most true rock album I have bought in a long time. I love it so much that I am going to buy it on vinyl. Check out the songs Walk and These Days.
  2. Bell X1-Bloodless Coup- I have been a semi-fan of Bell X1 for a couple of years. Sometimes I really like hearing them and sometimes not so much. I picked up their new album and I have really enjoyed it. Check out the song Velcro.
  3. Cold Cave-Cherish the Light Years- I admit I haven't listened to much from Cold Cave, but I have been wanting to check them out. So far after a few listens I am really liking this album. Check out the song Confetti.
  4. Elbow-Build A Rocket Boys!- I have been hearing a lot about this band, so I figured I should give it a go. Another album that is really good, I am hoping they come somewhere around Texas soon. Check out the song Lippy Kids.
  5. The Go! Team- Rolling Blackouts- This is a nice mix of indie music and hip-hop is probably the best way to describe The Go!Team. Check out the song T.O.R.N.A.D.O.
  6. The Kills-Blood Pressures- I started loving Alison Mosshart with the Dead Weather, and hadn't really started listening to The Kills at that point. Of course my rock crush took over and I had to give the Kills a listen and fell in love with them. Check out the song Satellite.
  7. Lykke Li-Wounded Rhymes- I have had a few people keep telling me to listen to her, but was very slow to getting around to it. I am glad that I did get her new album, it is really good. Check out the song Get Some.

Also, if anyone knows where to pick up a needle for a record player, I really need one ASAP.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter