BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Austin City Limits Festival Hints begin today

I wanted to start off the week with a blog on Tuesday, but as soon as I found out that Austin City Limits Festival and C3 were going to start giving their usual hints on headliners starting today I figured I would wait (sounds better than being lazy) and do my blog today. On another note, this weekend will mark the first ever concert that I am taking Sloan too, it's a festival in Dallas called the Homegrown Festival, and it looks like the weather should be amazing on Saturday. I would love to stay all day seeing that School of Seven Bells and Neon Indian at the headliners, but I think that would be too much for our first time concert/festival girl, and I do love my wife and would like to see her when she gets home from work.

Well since we are hopefully going to start finding out who is going to play at ACL starting today, I figured that I should share what I have dug up doing some research on who should be there and who is on the rumored list. So let's start out with the expected/confirmed list.

Expected/Confirmed:

Cee Lo Green- He accidentally posted it on his tour schedule, and I am sure C3 asked him to remove it.

Fitz and the Tantrums

Iron and Wine- logical since Samuel Beam is from Austin.

Theophilus London- He tweeted it the other day.

Alison Krauss & Union Station


 

And now it's time for the long list of rumored and probably not coming but everyone wishes they would (Radiohead) bands for ACL.

Rumored:

Soundgarden (not going to make it, Matt Cameron will be recording new PJ album)

Arcade Fire

Kanye West (could happen C3 does love some Kanye and Kanye does love some Austin)

Buffalo Springfield (possible, will make all the older hippie crowd happy, but will Neil Young make it that long?)

Young the Giant (they were on the confirmed list, but Consequence of Sound took them off their list)

Hayes Carll (he is on tour, and just like Iron and Wine, he is from Austin)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Ray LaMontagne

The Cars

Duran Duran

Paul Simon

Wilco (They did skip Austin on their recent tour)

TV on the Radio (doubtful since their bassist just passed away from cancer)

Fleet Foxes

Patty Griffin

Lucinda Williams

Trombone Shorty (doubtful he played last year at ACL)

My Morning Jacket

Bright Eyes

Best Coast

Smith Westerns

Local Natives (doubtful they played at ACL last year)

Pains of being pure at heart

Jay-Z

Beastie Boys (they should since they had to back out 2 years ago)

CSS

Queens of the Stone Age

Mumford and Sons

Willie Nelson (it would be a sham if he doesn't play at the 10 year anniversary)

Tool

Death Cab for Cutie

Yes that is a long list, but as soon as I find out I will start posting them on my blog. I have a ton of music I have been listening to, but I will get back to that next week.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter