BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cleaning out the Ipod

(The Late blog from last week)

So I was sitting at work the other day, with my iPod on shuffle and a song came on, and I was thinking to myself “man this is a great song, who is this?” at that point I figured out that I am having music overload. This made me wonder how people that actually get paid to write music columns do it. Do they weed out the good music and keep it? Do they just keep their favorite artists or albums and throw away the rest? For me in my “hobby” of listening and collecting music this is a dilemma.

There are bands that will always have a spot on my iPod, but what do I do with the rest. Is it time to get rid of a few albums, since I am keeping them for sentimental value more than listening value? Plus there are newer bands that I really love (Arctic Monkeys) that are pushing old bands out. I guess if you look at it from my point of view it’s a good problem to have. I am always experiencing something new each day I hit shuffle, but I also feel I have too much on my ipod that is just fluff that I have forgot about. I guess my problem is, who do I cut out?

Seeing I started this blog last week, and got extremely busy during the week, just to update everyone I have not cleaned out my ipod as of yet, but I have got more music. Yes I know it makes no sense, but thus is the life of someone that loves music. It hasn’t helped that I just finished reading “Hammer of the Gods-The Saga of Led Zeppelin” and I am now interested in the music from that time period, and the solo stuff of Robert Plant after Zeppelin. So this has not helped me at all, but I have made a folder just to store music that I am on the fence on. Yes Kristen understands my weirdness towards music, and at times accepts it. Oh well, I feel this is going to be a continuing cycle forever. The funny thing is I have plenty of room on my ipod for albums upon albums, but I am a picky person. I guess it’s a good thing that I am interested in finding music I love, for some reason good or bad I keep looking.

New Music for this week (actually last week):
Well I have been listing the albums I have been listening to or just got. I try from time to time to list a track on the albums. I promise the next blog for this week will have some new songs on it. Since I am late with this one here are the newest albums I am listening too.

Beach House-Teen Dream
Cold War Kids-Behave Yourself-EP
Girls-Album
The Raveonettes-Pretty In Black
Snoop Dogg-Malice N Wonderland
Yeasayer-Odd Blood

0 comments:

 
Site Meter