BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weekly Observations

Tuesday is usually one of my favorite days of the week (of course next to Friday, for the fact: 1) I can wear jeans to work, 2) well….it’s Friday.), because Tuesday is when all the new music comes out. I am a dork to the point that I have down on my calendar of any of my favorite bands or albums I want to get and when they come out. Yes I know I should get paid for this, but I guess that is why some people call it a hobby. I also keep up with stuff on sites and of course Rolling Stone. I never thought I would drop my subscription for a sports magazine over a music magazine, but I did, and will probably look to pick up another music magazine in its place. So yes, if one can call listening to music and “collecting” music a hobby, it is a hobby for me.

So after a few observations over the past few weeks, I am slowly noticing that the hipsters are taking over music. Some of it I like, some of it, well, it will have to grow on me. I have stated before, everyone can tell me it’s “critically acclaimed”, but I still can’t get into Animal Collective. Of course I can listen to about anything and I will take Neon Indian or the Klaxons any day of the week. Or for instance I wouldn’t know about Real Estate or Surfer Blood if it wasn’t for these new kids pushing music on us older kids. I guess it’s the new thing being brought into music that I like; I am always one for change.

I guess this goes back to me telling everyone there is always good music out there, yes good music even though they are wearing the skinny jeans and retro shirts of bands they have never listened too. I do have to say, so far what I am hearing from them, I like it. Sometimes I have so much stuff to listen too; I forget what I have on my ipod. I do like hitting shuffle and being surprised all the time. This is nothing new to the few people that read this; I am always looking for something new.

Just now I am afraid I won’t get into the next show I go to because I am not wearing skinny jeans and some skinny retro shirt. Trust me kids, you don’t want me to show up in skinny jeans just to listen to music, it just won’t be cool for you or for me, but keep the music coming I do like it regardless of the wardrobe we wear.

New Music for the Week:
Well, I always have something new or old that I am listening too. I am on a huge Led Zeppelin kick lately. Well here you go with this weeks albums, some are new, some are old, and some are a new take on a remake.

Spoon-Transference
Kn’aan-Troubadour
The Flaming Lips-The Dark Side of the Moon
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club-Baby 81

0 comments:

 
Site Meter