BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

9 Days away...........

At this point I think Kristen is A) thinking she married a cool guy that has turned into a dork over the past few days, and B) is so ready for my friends to come down and we go to ACL so I quit talking about it. I do have to admit that I am getting a little excited. The weather here has been gorgeous; two of my real good friends are coming down for it, one from Oklahoma, and another I haven’t seen since Sloan was a baby. So I am very excited for the festival, but more excited to see some friends and experience it with them.

It’s getting a little busier at work for me with football in full swing, as well as volleyball. Plus I am working on men’s basketball stuff, and that is getting me excited even more for that to start. When I got to Baylor it was the low point of men’s basketball, and being able to experience firsthand the rise of the basketball program just makes it more exciting for me to be able to work with them and watch it get even better. This season should be exciting for me, even as exciting as last season.

Well on to the topic that is driving my wife crazy at the moment, Austin City Limits Festival. At this point I have studied the line up more than I did for most tests in school. There are a handful of bands that are a must see. More than anything though, just going down and actually getting to take some time off and hang out with friends is what I am more excited for. Just the experience I get to have will be worth it. Next year the family is going down for hopefully all three days. Which that will be even more fun just to have Kristen and Sloan with me at a concert.

On another note, it’s a big weekend for me as well. It’s OU/texass weekend. Although I will be at the Baylor football game and the volleyball match after, I will find time to watch the Sooners beat the shorthorns. If you ever get a chance to go to Dallas to experience that weekend do so, it’s a lot of fun.

This week’s Music:

The Band of Heathens-One Foot In the Ether
Ok, as most of my friends know, I HATE country music. This is why I am in a battle with this band. They are on the edge between country and rock. I guess you can say they are more Americana than anything. This band from Austin is really good. Check out the song Look At Miss Ohio.

Lucero-1372 Overton Park
I think I may have mentioned this band before , but this is another band that I am a little at odds with. They have the country feel to them, but they are definantly closer to rock. Great band from Memphis, check at the song call Can’t Feel A thing.

The Soft Pack- The Soft Pack
I have mentioned them a few months back. They are going to be at ACL along with the other three bands. The more and more I listen to this album, the more I like it. Check out the song C’mon.

0 comments:

 
Site Meter