BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The VMA Music “awards”

Well, yes it’s that time of the year for yours truly to rant about how horrible music is and MTV pushing that trend. I have to put some of the blame on American Idol, for turning Americans into people that wouldn’t know good music or singers if Emily Haines stood there singing for them. The VMA’s have always been more hype than anything to do with music, but at least some of the acts were great musicians when they started this. I am sorry but throwing out future douche bag Justin Bieber to entice the crowd is just plain sad. Honestly watching his performance (and I use that term loosely) confirmed the fact that the kid is already a DB, he had a letterman’s jacket (once again, I use that term loosely for that kid, doubtful sports was ever involved with him) with a B on the front and Bieber on the back, to watch him lip sync (yes kids, and grown women, he lip synced) and dance on stage wasn’t music, it was for ratings.
Now onto the next train wreck, Lady GaGa, why is all I have to say. Looking across a pictorial of the “Princess of Pop”, all I see are more and more pictures of her really wishing she was Madonna. I agree, her pop songs are catchy, but she is not and will not be the end all be all. I put her in the same category of the Black Eyed Peas, they are more flashy entertainment, than music. A meat dress, spiky things on her head, shoes that you can’t walk in, acting all “rebellious” out in public. To me she was old a long time ago, but us being dumb force fed Americans just gobble it up.

Now on to the “hey look at me” spotlight……Taylor Swift, I am sorry but when Kanye busted you last time, it was funny. I laughed, was Kanye a prick, yes, but it was still funny. Now we have to write a song about it for our next album. Come on, it was done, it was a “tragedy” to some people, but get over it. Is a song that necessary? Oh Kanye, don’t think you are laying low for this one, not only did Taylor Swift write a song about the incident, so did Mr. West. Two songs over something that honestly scarred 15 year old girls everywhere.

So there were some shining lights during the VMA’s, Katy Perry just being there is one. Yes, she is on my list, I will admit to that. Ok, on to the other shining moments, Florence and the Machine sang Dog Days Are Over, which was awesome. Eminem came out and did his thing, and his new album is great if you haven’t heard it. Drake did his song Fancy, I think Drake could be the next big thing in Hip Hop, could. Linkin Park coming back and doing their new song, was cool, I can go either way with LP. I was also surprised to see Broken Bells actually up for new comer, I didn’t think MTV believed in good music any more. Plus how in the hell did an amazing band, The Black Keys, actually win an award on MTV? Well they did, I am surprised they didn’t find a way to give it to Lady Gaga.

Let’s move on to some good music……………here are some music picks for the week.

1. Lissie-Catching a Tiger (Check out the song In Sleep)

2. Ray LaMontagne and The Pariah Dogs- God Willin’ & The Creek Don’t Rise
(Check out the song New York City’s Killing Me)

3. The Boxer Rebellion-Exits (Check out the song Lay Me Down)

4. School of Seven Bells- Disconnect from Desire (Check out the song Babelonia)

5. Sleigh Bells- Treats (Check out the song Tell’em)

0 comments:

 
Site Meter